Piglet noticed that even though he had a Very Small Heart, it could hold a rather large amount of Gratitude.
Like Piglet, I also have a Very Small Heart, although mine comes from being a human and not from being a Very Small Pig. Even so, mine can also hold a rather large amount of Gratitude. In no particular order, what follows is a list of all that I have been grateful for in the last week or so:
- being able to take cool (instead of HOT) showers with warmer weather
- the ability to jog
- the hum of the treadmill
- the persistent pain in my lower back that reminds me I am not yet dead
- fellow writers passionately pursuing their dreams
- the soft down of babies’ hair
- Rosie-cat purring whenever I pet her
- Pippin-cat crawling under the blankets and sleeping next to me
- getting the right sound for different tap steps
- ticking clocks
- perfectly assembled lattes
- lemonade and cantaloupe sunsets over Lake Washington
- God finding ways to wake me up when I would rather not keep my early morning writing commitment
- the hundred trains’ horns that got me up this morning
- my friends rallying around each other in times of sadness and rejoicing
- ruby red grapefruit
- grapefruit spoons!
- holding Mister’s hand
- guessing correctly which elevator will open
- kitty ears and bean toes
- Mister’s laugh, which can be heard above crowds
- Nephew’s goofy grin
My heart is full.
What small blessings have you experienced lately?
Pingback: Gratitude for blessings received | Greatpoetrymhf's Weblog