Near death experiences? Unusual animals? Bizarre foods most likely also eaten by Andrew Zimmern? What tantalizing factoids could this list hold??
- I have a scar on my right cheek that I have had nearly my entire life. I scratched my face not long after being born, and the scar is still there.
- Over the course of my life, I have had the following pets: a poodle, a mutt, an African Grey parrot, six different cats, a small flock of sheep, a goat, several rabbits, a chameleon, a small antelope, and three goldfish. We almost had a pangolin and a small boa constrictor.
I have almost drowned twice in the Atlantic Ocean–once in Ghana, once in Togo.
- I have swum with wild dolphins off the coast of Zanzibar.
- I ate yak jerky and fried crickets in Thailand.
- I rappelled down the side of the Tour de Crest when I was eleven.
- In the search of a Chinese restaurant, my family got lost in Amsterdam’s red light district. My grandparents were with us. Yep. I looked at the sidewalk a lot. Later, we found out that most of the “good” Chinese restaurants in Amsterdam are in the red light district. Live and learn!
- I played my Game Boy in the Louvre because I finished looking at a gallery before the rest of my family. And yes, I received death glares from tourists.
- Once, I kicked what I thought was a rubber toy snake in Nairobi, Kenya. It wasn’t.
- Having dusty bare feet is one of the worst sensations to me. It’s honestly like nails on a chalkboard.
- My sister broke my left pinky finger in junior high. Because we lived in France, I didn’t get an x-ray until a month after the fact. My finger had already started to heal so we just left it. Fun fact: my broken finger is actually straight and my normal right pinky finger is naturally crooked.
- I sang a solo at Knott’s Berry Farm when my 6th grade choir performed there.
- I learned how to drive on an airstrip in the middle of nowhere. We had to stop lessons for herds of cows.
- I am only 28, but I am currently on my 6th passport. In high school, I actually needed to get supplemental pages because I used it so much.
- I went to boarding school in high school (hence the above fact), so I lived in dorms a total of eight years. Benefit: widely diverse wardrobe possibilities.